WHO WE ARE
NAERA (National Athletic Equipment Reconditioners Association) is an association of athletic equipment reconditioners whose mission is to increase awareness and acceptance of high quality athletic equipment reconditioning / recertification (where appropriate). Particular emphasis is directed towards reducing the risk of injury for athletic event participants. Members are licensed by NOCSAE to recertify football, lacrosse, softball/baseball helmet.s, and face guards.
ONE HELMET CERTIFICATION
There are NAERA members located all over the country that recondition/recertify athletic equipment. Find a location near you.
We believe athletes should be provided with properly functioning, performance tested and clean equipment.
- NAERA Statment Regarding NOCSAE Standard 6.1.1 (10/20/2017)
- Notice of NAERA Recommendations (10/20/2015)
- NOCSAE Voids Certification of Two Lacrosse Helmet Models (11/24/2014)
- After Market Enhancements (3/18/2013)
- 10 Years or Older Hemlets (7/24/2012)
HERE’S THE LATEST
- NAERA Statment Regarding NOCSAE Standard 6.1.1
On January 1, 2017 NOCSAE (National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment) put into effect standard 6.1.1. Based on this new standard, NAERA (National Athletic Equipment Reconditioners Association) recommends every football helmet should be reconditioned annually.